Cardiogirl 19 percent body fat 100 percent fun


more of the same


Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate the feedback. I did visit my parents Thursday, which is Visit The 'Rents Day, and is not to be confused with Prince Spaghetti Day. (Do you remember that ad campaign with the well-fed little boy [was his name Mario?] running through the streets trying to get to dinner on time? I wonder what that kid's Body Mass Index was. It seems to me he didn't miss too many dinners.)

Anyway, for the last four or five days I have had a sore throat in the morning that disappears during the day. I can't tell if it's just post-nasal drip from sleeping overnight or if it's a lurking cold that's waiting to pounce. No doubt it will be viral because it would be much too helpful to have antibiotics take care of business.

So as usual, I awoke yesterday with the requisite sore throat. As the day progressed, amidst the fun and hilarity of visiting my parents and then stopping by to see my bedridden brother whose arms and legs are dangerously shriveled due to muscle atrophy, my throat got progressively worse and worse. This morning I cannot speak. I can't even get a low note.

Paging Dr. Bruce Campbell. Is it possible that stress caused this? Here's a sad reflection. My main concern is that I will not be able to yell at the kids today. I am also somewhat relieved that I will not be able to talk to my brother on the phone today. Of course I will call him and whisper to prove I'm not faking it and he will probably want to talk anyway for a good 20 minutes.

In other news, I got a weird phone call from my mother-in-law yesterday while we were out. She basically said, call me back at work, it's nothing wild I just wanted to talk to you for a couple of minutes. Hmm. So I tried her back as I was driving home at 6 pm (since I didn't check our messages at home until that time) but she wasn't home yet. By the time she called back at 8:30 I was asleep. She told my husband (her son) she would wait to talk to me. She wouldn't tell him what it was about. Double hmm.

Maybe she'll offer to pay for a full-time nanny while I am institutionalized.

One more note of interest from yesterday. Throughout the day I saw and visited with my parents, one sister, my brother and sister-in-law, niece (13) and nephew (16). Not one person in my family has noted any type of behavioral difference in me.

Compare that with my husband's family who saw me for about a day and a half and who are all calling my husband concerned about my depression.

It's just a glaring commentary on how my family deals with grief and sadness.

They don't.


2007-08-03 at 6:18 a.m.

last post | next post